As well as writing code, I enjoy writing and speaking about software development patterns and practices.
What I specialise in as an engineer...
- Front-end web development
- Back-end web and api development
- Test-Driven and Behaviour-Driven development practices
- Continuous integration and deployment
...what I also do as an engineer...
- Agile software development lifecycle methodologies
- Design, Product, QA and Ops collaboration
- Code design, review and pairing practices
- Developer mentoring
- Public speaking and Consultancy
...when I'm not coding I'm...
- Retro gaming
- Beetle Driving
Who I've worked with...
Some of my work...view more
My recent writing...view more
Fuze4 Nintendo Switch, a developer's review
Mon Jan 06 2020
Fuze 4 Nintendo Switch is a new programming tool for those learning to code, but is it any good?read more...
Using react context to manage state (including TypeScript)
Tue Dec 31 2019
React context now provides an adequate solution for small-scale state management. In this post I walk you through setting it up in your react application.read more...